:: Re: [DNG] [ann] heads 0.0 is out!
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Miroslav Rovis
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] [ann] heads 0.0 is out!
On 170303-20:40-0500, Christopher Clements wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 03, 2017 at 12:03:02AM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
> >I haven't yet gotten to the point of using privacy I don't need
> >personally, as is obvious by this unsigned email.
>
> I always sign my messages.

Me too.
> On Thu, Mar 02, 2017 at 10:15:21PM +0100, Alessandro Selli wrote:
> >Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have
> >nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free
> >speech because you have nothing to say.

(just: Edward Snowden, my hero, said that ;-) )
And there other people wrote to you beautifully.

> Thank you everyone for the information, and for putting things in
> perspective for me.

And it's so great to read that it wasn't in vain, that open to
understanding.
> I wish I had joined a mailing list like this 10 years ago, as Google
> will never be an adequate substitute for just asking

(Google is bad.)

But I wanted to add another reason, unbelievable to me (I'm 60 yrs old,
and we, in my youth, under communism, would never believe the Land of
the Free would in the future --that has come in the meantime-- be the
almost a Land of the Surveilled an Unfree. Read for yourself:

ISP extorsion - how to negate / get around?
https://lists.gt.net/gentoo/user/324121

Part of the initial email by Corbin Bird, for the lazy/ or unable to
connect as they read:

PASTING:
Have a serious problem, might cost me any Internet access.

My ISP ( Charter ) merged with Time-Warner. New name "Spectrum"

1 # : Now I have intermittent connectivity.

2 # : And with the death of FCC privacy rules, the new ISP is forcing me
to update their records ( for sale-of purposes ). This includes phone (
all ), SSN, bank account numbers, and credit card numbers.

3 # : the ISP attempting to force agreement to "no communications
allowed with the FCC". Also is attempting to force agreement to
"Arbitration with the ISP as the Arbiter" for all complaints.

4 # : billing is only online now. Not allowed to see a Account
Statement, or receive any "receipt for payment" until I comply with ISP
demands.

5 # : external e-mail clients ( Thunderbird, Claws-Mail, etc. ) are now
starting to have problems. ISP solution -> must use their web based
e-mail app only ( only works with Windoze, surprise! ).

6 # : ISP is starting to filter customers web access. The ISP is
deciding what sites customers are allowed to see. ( look up the practice
called "ransom" ).

7 # : no other broadband ISP in the regional area. No alternatives.

They are using a hijack technique that I don't know the name of,
attempting to force compliance.

NOTE : The ?hijack technique? will corrupt the portage trees if you use
"emerge-webrsync".

Is there any way to ... fix? work-around? ... this idiocy?

PASTED

Enough reason to fight control on you?

But, it's not just the U.S., far from...

Indeed I subscribe to what Steve Litt wrote in another email in this
thread:

> I'm not singling out one party or one nation: This kind of stuff is
> happening all over the place.

( Steve Litt in another email )

> --
> GPG Key: 0769 AFCF 681E F61E 2137 F4CB 5044 1726 610D 5AE0

Your key imported here.

Regards!
--
Miroslav Rovis