:: [DNG] Compiling Firefox on Devuan (…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: dev
A: dng
Assumptes vells: Re: [DNG] FF pulseaudio hard dependency is here
Assumpte: [DNG] Compiling Firefox on Devuan (was: Re: FF pulseaudio hard dependency is here)

On 03/08/2017 11:59 AM, golinux@??? wrote:

> Me either and many others on this list - there have been several
> pulseaudio threads on dng over the years. But that is not the point.
> Unless FF 52 onward is recompiled with the alsa switch enabled, it will
> be unusable for most of us. So this is a heads up that someone will
> have to step forward to do this if it is not worked out upstream. Care
> to take that on?

I've compiled Firefox years ago but don't recall ever getting a
decent application. I think all I could get was a "gecko" window which
one could load with a URL with from the command line. This was probably
10 years ago however so much has probably changed.

According to the docs[1], it looks like there is a "bootstrap.py" [2]
application which must be downloaded and run in order to provision the
build environment. This doesn't work on Devuan because Python's
platform.linux_distribution() is returning a blank stare. Anyone know
why this is? No idea yet where Python is getting these values...

moz build error
$ python mozilla-central-default/python/mozboot/bin/bootstrap.py
*** sys.platform:linux2 distro  version  dist_id
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "mozilla-central-default/python/mozboot/bin/bootstrap.py", line
170, in <module>
    sys.exit(main(sys.argv))
  File "mozilla-central-default/python/mozboot/bin/bootstrap.py", line
160, in main
    dasboot = cls(choice=options.application_choice,
no_interactive=options.no_interactive)
  File "mozilla-central-default/python/mozboot/mozboot/bootstrap.py",
line 176, in __init__
    raise NotImplementedError('Bootstrap support for this Linux '
NotImplementedError: Bootstrap support for this Linux distro not yet
available.

On Devuan
Python 2.7.9 (default, Jun 29 2016, 13:08:31)
[GCC 4.9.2] on linux2
>>> import sys
>>> import platform
>>> print (platform.linux_distribution()[0])

>>> print (platform.linux_distribution()[1])

On debian 8
Python 2.7.9 (default, Jun 29 2016, 13:08:31)
[GCC 4.9.2] on linux2
>>> import platform
>>> import sys
>>> print (platform.linux_distribution()[0])

debian
>>> print (platform.linux_distribution()[1])

8.7

[1]
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Developer_guide/Build_Instructions/Linux_Prerequisites

[2]