:: Re: [DNG] New documentation on the …
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] New documentation on the Surf browser
On Sat, 11 Mar 2017 17:12:57 -0500
Haines Brown <haines@???> wrote:

> Why do we need PDFs? In my case, I must load files into a database
> that works with PDF, not with HTML.
>
> I am aware of effective conversion tools, but a one-click Save As PDF
> saves the HTML file being viewed as PDF and puts just one file where I
> need it to move it to the database.
>
> Haines

Hi Haines,

Use Rick's solution. Make a PDF printer that shows up in your list of
printers when you print something. Then, whenever you want to convert a
web page to PDF, just press Ctrl+Shift+p, and a printer interaction
dialog box pops up. Choose the PDF printer and bang, you're done.

A long, long time ago I knew how to make a PDF printer from Samba. I'm
pretty sure it was in Samba Unleashed. But Rick's idea is doubtlessly
more modern and probably more reliable and doesn't require yet another
daemon.

SteveT

Steve Litt
February 2017 featured book: Thriving in Tough Times
http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive