:: Re: [DNG] FF pulseaudio hard depend…
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] FF pulseaudio hard dependency is here
On Thu, 9 Mar 2017 19:07:42 -0500, Hendrik wrote in message
<20170310000742.GA2676@???>:

> On Thu, Mar 09, 2017 at 06:44:59PM -0500, in discussion on
> firefox, alsa, pulseaudio and Devuan, Steve Litt wrote:
> >
> > Devuan is Linux, Linux is free software, and the Android OS,
> > whatever it's called, is definitely not free software. Your
> > response would be more ontopic on an Android list.
>
> I understand the political reasons for rejecting pulseaudio. I
> understand the risk that it contribute to the systemdification of the
> Linux world.
>
> But let me hope that there are also technical arguments against it
> as a piece of software that exists now, as opposed to what it ws a
> few years ago and what it may execresce into in a few years.

..here, you flip "tech merit" on its head, pulseaudio made it into
"Linux" because we were too damned naive, just like the train loads
of Jews enroute to Auschwitz, "Gas us??? Then why the fuck did the
Gestapo boss throw my 95 year old Great Grand parents off the boat
in Oslo for 'health reasons'"????? That makes no sense!!!!!"...

..what did make sense to the Nazis, was save on guard manpower
by using common sense or common decency to trick the train loads
of Jews into not rioting, but "wait and see what happens in
Auschwitz."

..all it took, was flip "tech merit" etc common sense, on its head.

> Presumably these have been summed up somewhere on the web.
>
> -- hendrik

Scenarios always come in sets of three: