:: [DNG] [katolaz@freaknet.org: Re: FF…
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] [katolaz@freaknet.org: Re: FF pulseaudio hard dependency is here]
Sorry, this was intended to be a reply to the list :)

----- Forwarded message from KatolaZ <katolaz@???> -----

Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 06:32:49 +0000
From: KatolaZ <katolaz@???>
To: Arnt Karlsen <arnt@???>
Subject: Re: [DNG] FF pulseaudio hard dependency is here

On Thu, Mar 09, 2017 at 02:58:07AM +0100, Arnt Karlsen wrote:

[cut]

> > A cancer does not miraculously stop growing, unfortunately. It is
> > clear that the issue is not about choosing systemd or not, rather on
> > getting all the potterware or nothing.
> >
> > :(
>
> ..cheer up, we can still use FF as "The NO!!!-Sound Browser" ;o)
> and explain the why-nots and whys and how-to-be-stupid and
> pass the whiners on to the Debian etc poetterware distro folks.
>
> ..some of us HATES noisy ads that needs gas chamber treatment. ;o)

I personally don't give a sh^H^Htoss to the fact that Firefox might be
unable to play any music with this or that setup: I don't use Firefox,
and my volume master is normally on mute.

I am instead worried, as always, about the pervasive tendency towards
providing a unique and "uniform" setup for all the users, especially
when this unformity is based on software of disputable quality. But,
after all, Microsoft, Apple, and many other have historically made
fruitful businesses out of uniform-and-poor software, so I understand
why RedHat is pushing in the same direction, from many fronts.

HND

KatolaZ

----- End forwarded message -----