:: Re: [DNG] Gtk3-theme
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Gtk3-theme
On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 09:43:06 +0000
Rowland Penny <rpenny241155@???> wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Feb 2017 20:03:57 -0500
> Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:
>

> > > On a happier note I have just bought another motorbike, a 1967 LE
> > > Velocette and it is much more fun than anything to do with
> > > software!
> >
> > I understand they have a systemd mod for that bike so that when the
> > chain gets dry, it takes two tries to get it started.
> >

> That will never happen ;-)
> It's shaft drive.
>
> Rowland

Apparently you haven't seen the systemd model. The drive shaft twirl a
planetary gear system, which drives a pair of rubber belts that
transfer power to the transmission, which is mounted on the front fork.
The transmission generates electricity for the motor, with gear ratios
achieved by coil windings. The drive shifts gears by switching the
sockets into which the windings are plugged: This technology is called
socket activation. The transmission drives the chain, which drives the
front wheel.

SteveT

Steve Litt
February 2017 featured book: Thriving in Tough Times
http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive