:: [DNG] Thumb drive chooser
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Thumb drive chooser
Hi all,

A few months ago I submitted a thumb drive automounter. That's nice and
everything, but some people like to be in control and not have their
computer auto anything. The attached script, which displays all USB
thumb drives in a no-border window menu so they can pick one to mount,
is for them.

Like most modern software, this script has dependencies. You must first
install dmenu from suckless tools. It turns out that dmenu is a
spectacular way to handle picklists in a GUI environment.

To mount a thumb drive partition, do choosethumb.sh -m and then choose
which thumb drive you want to mount. To unmount a thumb drive, do
choosethumb -u and choose from the list of already mounted USB drive
partitions. Note that you can also use choosethumb.sh -m to
investigate which USB drives are plugged in.

Enjoy it, feel free to make it better, and put it or parts of it in
any software you like. It's got a pretty lax license.

If you use it, please let me know what you think.

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
February 2017 featured book: Thriving in Tough Times
http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive