:: Re: [DNG] Devuan on Raspberry Pi
Author: Jochen Fahrner
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan on Raspberry Pi
Am 06.02.2017 um 12:11 schrieb Jaromil:
> The main reasons why Devuan acts like Debian in this case is that in
> Jessie we only operate to remove systemd, nothing else changes, while
> we still rely heavily on Debian for the bulk of binary builds.

Ok, I see it's Debians fault for the improper architecture
classification. VFP exists since ARMv5, but Debian decided to use VFP on
ARMv7 and above.
https://www.arm.com/products/processors/technologies/vector-floating-point.php

Are there any experiences what the impact on performance is, using
softfloat on a headless internet server box serving mainly files (smb,
http, ftp), doing no mathematic computations? Is FP used in encryption
technologies (ssl)?

--
Mit besten Grüßen
Jochen Fahrner