:: Re: [DNG] Devuan on Raspberry Pi
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan on Raspberry Pi
On Sun, Feb 05, 2017 at 05:51:54PM +0100, J. Fahrner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> has someone had success in installing Devuan on Raspberry Pi?
>
> My first attempt was to upgrade from Raspbian Wheezy following this guide:
>
> https://git.devuan.org/dev1fanboy/Upgrade-Install-Devuan/wikis/Upgrade-to-Devuan
>
> Did not work, segmentation fault in some package installation script.
>
> Next try: installed image from Devuan downloads to SD card. Did not
> boot. :-(

Hi,

I have been using the latest Devuan Beta 2 rpi images:

https://files.devuan.org/devuan_jessie_beta/embedded/

on a rpi-zero (raspi1), a rpi-2 (raspi2), and a rpi-3 (raspi3) for
several weeks now, and all of them work seamlessly. You can have
problems when you try to upgrade a rpi from Raspbian, since Raspbian
has made a lot of confusion with architecture names. Go with the
genuine images, and select the correct ones for your pi model, since
the three available ones are different (raspi1 is armel, raspi2 is
armhf, and raspi3 is arm64).

My2Cents

KatolaZ