:: Re: [DNG] libsystemd0 dependencies
Author: Florian Zieboll
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] libsystemd0 dependencies
On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 13:19:53 +0100
Joachim Fahrner <jf@???> wrote:

> I tried to remove libsystemd0 but I found 2 packages depend on
> libsystemd0: php5-fpm and transmission-daemon.
>
> Is there a reason why these packages need libsystemd?

Hallo Joachim,

for php5fpm I don't know, but transmission's "configure" script states
that systemd is not necessary:

# Check whether to enable systemd startup notification.
# This requires libsystemd-daemon.

   # Check whether --with-systemd-daemon was given.
   if test "${with_systemd_daemon+set}" = set; then :
     withval=$with_systemd_daemon; USE_SYSTEMD_DAEMON=$withval
   else
     USE_SYSTEMD_DAEMON=auto
   fi

Probably there are other priorities for Devuan, the more so as the
deluged package is compiled without systemd dependencies by default.

Florian