:: Re: [DNG] Hibernation after Install…
Author: Lars Noodén
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Hibernation after Installation on System76 Gazelle
On 01/24/2017 10:50 AM, Jaromil wrote:

> dear Lars,
>
> On Mon, 23 Jan 2017, Lars Noodén wrote:
>
> on my X220 running Debian Jessie with Linux kernel 4.7.0-0.bpo.1-amd64
> from backports, suspend to memory succesfully works using:
>
> sudo pm-suspend
>
> actually it worked also on the stock kernel version 3.*
>
> the dmesg log sequence after a sleep and wakeup (pressing any keys)
>
> PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.
> PM: Preparing system for sleep (mem)
> PM: Suspending system (mem)
> PM: suspend of devices complete after 752.838 msecs
> PM: late suspend of devices complete after 16.180 msecs
> PM: noirq suspend of devices complete after 16.110 msecs
> PM: Saving platform NVS memory
> PM: Restoring platform NVS memory
> PM: noirq resume of devices complete after 17.645 msecs
> PM: early resume of devices complete after 0.391 msecs
> PM: resume of devices complete after 1184.715 msecs
> PM: Finishing wakeup.
>
> the fact powerdown and shutdown don't work from the windowmanager is
> known. I suspect the fork curated by Dima here may provide a solution
> https://git.devuan.org/dimkr/xfce4-power-manager

Ok. Thanks for the info and the link. My dmesg shows a cold start even
when activating these directly from the shell. Should I report these
upstream?

- pm-suspend fails for me. The machine ends up turning off twice
instead of waking, then doing a cold boot. No state information is
restored.

- pm-suspend-hybrid kind of works. The machine kind of powers down,
wakes up, then seems to go to hibernate. Upon waking, it turns off
twice, before finally staying on and doing a cold boot. State
information is restored.

- pm-hibernate is the same as pm-suspend-hybrid

If it makes any difference, I have several RAID1 arrays.

Regards,
Lars