:: Re: [DNG] ConsoleKit2
Author: Adam Borowski
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] ConsoleKit2
On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 01:53:34AM +0000, David Hare wrote:
> Consolekit2 is forked and actively maintained by XFCE4 maintainer Eric Koegel.
>
> https://consolekit2.github.io/ConsoleKit2/
>
> It works. Consolekit2 has been successfully deb-packaged and used here
> (since even before Devuan) up to the latest "stable release" (1.0.2).

The alternatives are:
* systemd-shim: allowing @#$%^&* to run when not as pid1, currently in
Debian, reported to have recently broken, was always broken for me
* consolekit: dead upstream and unmaintained for ages, rebuilding against it
_mostly_ works but will degrade soon; I do so in my repository
* loginkit: a clean implementation from scratch, sadly vapourware
* elogind: carving a piece of the blob; apparently unmaintained for a while
* consolekit2: not that active (~1 commit/month, last in Nov) but still
seems the most alive one

I don't know of any recent packaging of CK2, newest I found is from Dec 2014.

As around 25394753978 pieces of software now come with a hard dependency on
logind, I guess providing them with an implementation should be far less
work than trying to do without.

Meow!
--
Autotools hint: to do a zx-spectrum build on a pdp11 host, type:
./configure --host=zx-spectrum --build=pdp11