:: Re: [DNG] vdev packaging status (wa…
Author: aitor_czr
To: Anto, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] vdev packaging status (was eudev status)
Hi Anto,

On 01/08/2017 04:02 PM, Anto wrote:

> On 08/01/17 02:33, aitor_czr wrote:
>>
>> Hi Anto,
>>
> [snip]...
>> deb http://packages.gnuinos.org/unsystemd jessie main
>> <deb%20http://packages.gnuinos.org/unsystemd%20jessie%20main>
>>
>> But use it at your own risk :)
>>
>> I recommend you to separate the " / " partition from the " / home "
>> partition, so far as you can always restore the first one, without
>> affecting to the second one, in the case of an incidence.
>>
> [snip]...
>>
>> HTH,
>>
>> Aitor.
>>

> Thanks Aitor,
>
> I am actually looking for vdev source package which includes its
> debian packaging files. Your repository does not seem to have the
> source package of vdev as below.

Yes, it has:

http://packages.gnuinos.org/unsystemd/pool/main/v/vdev/

> Or perhaps that was due to there is no valid public PGP key. I am not
> sure.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Anto
>
> .
> .
> Reading package lists... Done
> W: GPG error: http://packages.gnuinos.org jessie InRelease: The
> following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is
> not available: NO_PUBKEY 9C242C3D64CF1949
> root@hp8530w:~#
> root@hp8530w:~# gpg --recv-keys 9C242C3D64CF1949
> gpg: requesting key 64CF1949 from hkp server keys.gnupg.net
> gpgkeys: key 9C242C3D64CF1949 not found on keyserver
> gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
> gpg: Total number processed: 0
> root@hp8530w:~#
> root@hp8530w:~# apt-get install --simulate vdev
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> libudev1-compat rpl
> Recommended packages:
> libvdev-hwdb
> libudev1-compat rpl vdev
> 0 upgraded, 3 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
> Inst libudev1-compat (20161228-jessie1 Devuan Jessie packages:stable
> [amd64])
> Inst rpl (1.5.5-1 Devuan:1.0/stable [all])
> Inst vdev (20161228-jessie1 Devuan Jessie packages:stable [amd64])
> Conf libudev1-compat (20161228-jessie1 Devuan Jessie packages:stable
> [amd64])
> Conf rpl (1.5.5-1 Devuan:1.0/stable [all])
> Conf vdev (20161228-jessie1 Devuan Jessie packages:stable [amd64])
> root@hp8530w:~#
> root@hp8530w:~# apt-get source vdev
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
> vdev
> E: Some packages could not be authenticated
> root@hp8530w:~#

This is a gpg-keyring issue. Install the gpg key following the
indications on the website, that is:

# curl http://packages.gnuinos.org/gnuinos_pk.asc | apt-key add - After
that, install the vdev-assistant package and run: # vdev-assistant
dialog Cheers, and good luck :) Aitor. * NOTE * .- The current version
of live-boot isn't compatible with vdev; so, if it's present in your
system, remove it before installing vdev. Remove also any previous
residue of vdev, whether coming from my repository or from Ralph's
repository, in order to avoid any possible incompatibility between them.