:: Re: [DNG] vdev packaging status (wa…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Anto
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] vdev packaging status (was eudev status)

On 06/01/17 05:57, Ralph Ronnquist wrote:
> The devuan/debian packaging of vdev is so far only in "my" repository.
> But I've only fitted it out with the packaging files that differ from
> the "defaults", as generated by "dh_make -a". Please look at the make
> file "debian.mk" for specifics.
>
> I also started on a habit to build it all in a firejail overlay so as
> to not pollute my workspace; the bottom of the top level Makefile
> gives the hint to that. Though, I'm happy to learn and change to "the
> proper way". My forward plan is to merge "my" repository into
> "unsystemd", and then also adapt it to fit into the automagic build
> process.
>
> I suppose I should also (learn how to) make the source packages; (this
> might require some changes to the source structure, since as it
> stands, the various "vdev packages" get composed by cherry picking in
> the build tree. It could be cleaner)
>
> Anyhow, at the moment, in "ralph.ronnquist/vdev" you find three
> "debian" sub directories for building three packages: "vdevd",
> "libudev1-compat" and "vdev-initramfs". These directories contain only
> the non-default packaging files, while the rest are as generated by
> "dh_make -a".
>
> Ralph.

Thanks Ralph,

It took me months to build my own debian packaging files for eudev and
try the available ones on https://git.devuan.org/unsystemd/devuan-eudev
and https://git.devuan.org/pkgs-utopia-substitution/devuan-eudev (this
one has been deleted) *without success*, until Jaret uploaded his on
https://git.devuan.org/jaretcantu/eudev. Even if I got eudev package
successfully compiled, I had other issues like the issues with initramfs
hook.

So I don't want to repeat that for vdev and I think I will just wait for
a complete vdev source package with debian packaging files, to try to
compile and test it.

Cheers,

Anto