:: Re: [DNG] how to clear DNS cache
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] how to clear DNS cache
On Wed, 4 Jan 2017 21:27:36 +0100 (CET)
karl@??? wrote:

> Rick Moen:
> > But yet again, nobody is yet thinking to include what seems most
> > obvious to me:
> >
> > [ ] Run Unbound as local recursive nameserver on this host.
> > [ ] Run PowerDNS Recursor as local recursive nameserver on this
> > host.
> > [ ] Run BIND9 as local recursive nameserver on this host.
> > [ ] Run dnscache as local recursive nameserver on this host.
> > [ ] Run Deadwood as local recursive nameserver on this host.
>
> Best suggestion to date.

Which of the preceding is best? I've always been partial to
dnscache/tinydns, but installing it is a long cumbersome procedure
giving Arch installation a run for its money. I've never heard of
Unbound, PowerDNS Recursor, or Deadwood.

SteveT

Steve Litt
December 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21