:: Re: [DNG] A shell script for networ…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Didier Kryn
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] A shell script for network connections
Le 31/12/2016 à 01:06, KatolaZ a écrit :
> That's a simple bash+dialog wrapper around ip/dhclient/wpa_cli, which
> can help configuring wired (ethernet) and wi-fi networks (only open
> and WPA+PSK, at the moment). Well, it's indeed not as simple as we
> might go, since dealing with the dialog interface is a good half of
> the code (which BTW is around 1000 lines of shell, including
> comments), but I believe it is a nice proof-of-concept.

     This is a very valuable work, fitting nicely within the concept of
a minimal OS, and hopefully beyond. The difficulty of the work is, in my
view, in understanding the proliferation of wifi protocols, which is why
you only have implemented a subset. As you make progress on that matter,
may I kindly suggest you write down into some document your
understanding of these protocols and their various configuration
parameters and how to deal with them and with wpa_cli. Because a tool
hiding this complexity to the user is very usefull, but a full
descrtiption is even better.

     Didier