:: Re: [DNG] A shell script for networ…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: KatolaZ
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] A shell script for network connections

On Sun, Jan 01, 2017 at 10:03:18PM +1100, Tom Cassidy wrote:
> Hi KatolaZ,
>
> I would suggest running setnet.sh through the shellcheck program to lint the script.
>
> You can access it online[1] or it should be available in the repository[2].
>
> It has support for checking portability issues[3] (eg. bashisms, POSIX compliance) depending on which shell is specified in the shebang line, which sounds like it would help here.

Hi Tom,

thanks, that's exactly what I did yesterday night, after midnight,
when everybody else in the house was sleeping :) It helped identifying
a few little things which hindered (posix) compatibility.

The new version of setnet.sh (to be released soon) works perfectly
with:

- bash (even in --posix mode)
- busybox (sh/ash)
- dash
- ksh
- posh
- yash

There are still some issues to be solved for zsh compatibility, but I
am confident we will be able to overcome them ;)

HND

KatolaZ