:: Re: [DNG] Mouse won't release in De…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Mouse won't release in Devuan beta 2 with Qemu
On Thu, 29 Dec 2016 18:27:00 +0000
KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 01:18:34PM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Fsmithred and I have put a heckofa lot of time into this, and
> > frankly need help from everyone who can reproduce this problem
> > (Fsmithred can't).
> >
> > The problem is this: When you run either Refracta or Devuan Jessie
> > Beta 2 in a Qemu guest (on a Void Linux host), run the GUI, and
> > click the mouse in the guest so that the mouse is captured by the
> > guest:
> >
> > 1) You cannot get the mouse pointer to go outside the guest window,
> >    whether or not you press the ungrab hotkey.

> > 2) Pressing the hotkey that would ordinarily get you to another
> >    workspace on the host doesn't work.

> > 3) As a result, your only way of using other programs on the host
> > is to: a) Log out of the gui so you're confronted with the login
> > window, b) Press the ungrab key combo, and c) move the mouse where
> > you want it to go.
> >

> Hi,
>
> it looks like whatever-desktop-envinroment you are using on the *host*
> system is grabbing the default hot-key sequence to exit from qemu
> (which is Ctrl+Alt). You may try to start qemu with either "-alt-grab"
> or "-ctrl-grab", which would change the ungrab sequence to
> "Ctrl-Shift-Alt" or "Right-Ctrl", respectively. Or instead you can try
> to execute qemu from an X session without a DM (i.e., started with
> "xinit /usr/bin/xterm -- :1").

Thanks KatolaZ,
I tried -ctrl-grab, -alt-grab, and neither ON THE DEVUAN QEMU GUEST,
and the results were the same.

The host uses Openbox. Next time I shut everything down and restart X,
I'll try it with Xfce and fvwm ON THE HOST and see if that changes
things.

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
December 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21