:: Re: [DNG] eudev status
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Anto
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] eudev status

On 24/12/16 12:19, Jaromil wrote:
> dear David, Anto and others
>
> On Fri, 23 Dec 2016, David Hare wrote:
>
>> Anto, you are the 4th to attempt eudev packaging (including me).
> In case you want to shrink down on the duplicate effort, I'd be happy
> to create a git repository in devuan-packages and give all your users
> maintainer access. This will also give you all the possibility to
> trigger builds on Devuan's CI, a procedure which is now well
> documented.
>
> Perhaps is too early as we are still rolling out jessie, but it sounds
> like something quite appropriate for ascii's development cycle.
>
> ciao

Ciao Jaromil,

Thanks a lot for the offer.However, no offence but wouldn't it be better
if we focused on the resources for the development of vdev?

I am using eudev as that is the most viable alternative for me until
now. But I am afraid at one point, it would be hard to extract some
features from systemd-udev for eudev due to format differences or what
ever would that be. So I am afraid later on eudev will not be able to
manage new devices.

I think vdev is still the best alternative. I was quite pessimistic on
the progress of vdev development after Jude mentioned that he hasno
spare time anymore to work on it. But looking at the most recent
activities onhttps://git.devuan.org/unsystemd/vdev/activity, it looks
like it is gaining momentum again.So I am looking forward to test the
Devuan package of vdev.

Cheers,

Anto