:: Re: [DNG] eudev status
Author: Anto
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] eudev status

On 24/12/16 18:20, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 24, 2016 at 05:58:25PM +0100, Anto wrote:
>
>> I don't think it is a big issue to replace the running udev on laptop and
>> KVM based VPS as we can still have access to GRUB menu to recover from any
>> issues. I had issue in switching udev with eudev on my Xen based VPS.
> Does that mean there's a way to install both udev and eudev and choose
> one or the other from the grub menu, posibly by editing the commands?
>
> -- hendrik

Hello Hendrik,

I think that was the idea of Jaret to change all package names into
*eudev*, instead of keeping them the same as Gentoo does. But I could
never made it properly working as a lot of packages still depend on
mostly libudev. So I just followed Gentoo's approach in which we have to
choose either to install udev or eudev, even both use the same package
name. Perhaps if I would recompile all of the packages to make them
depend on libeudev, it should work. But due to my lack of knowledge and
experience on Debian packaging, I didn't dare to start.

Cheers,

Anto