:: Re: [DNG] eudev status
Author: David Hare
To: Anto
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] eudev status
Anto, you are the 4th to attempt eudev packaging (including me).
Dimitri Puzin began this but did not finish the job. It's one thing to
get something new working but to be on the case of it's continued
maintenance is much more.

Actually, I didn't know till now you were doing this and the only
working deb packages appear to be mine and Jaret's. Mine were done
before Jaret's (and are done somewhat differently). However Jaret most
likely has greater packaging experience than myself.

The main problems for me were actually replacing udev in a running
system and how to name the packages so dependencies of others were
satisfied.

If you take a look at them all before you start, might save you some
work. My last version is here (with sources):
http://exegnulinux.net/nosystemd/pool/main/e/eudev/

That is based on eudev version 3.0.1 .. Everything works (here),
including initramfs in a "live" environment (which is my main
interest). The latest version might not not be the best one to use, as
I was told by blueness, the main developer.

Apart fom git repo (last commit 2 days ago, yes it's active) the
latest archived tarball is 3.2.1
https://dev.gentoo.org/~blueness/eudev/eudev-3.2.1.tar.gz (December
11, 2016).

David