:: Re: [DNG] aptitude gone mad with in…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Daniel Reurich
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] aptitude gone mad with installation requests
On 18/12/16 15:48, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 01:18:08AM +0100, info at smallinnovations.nl wrote:
>> On 18-12-16 00:59, Hendrik Boom wrote:
>>> well, the suse complaint is gone now.
>>>
>>> aptitude still tries to install a huge set of unwanted packages.
>>> apt works just fine.
>>>
>>> Is there some aptitude-only status file that I could just delete so
>>> that aptitude has to recostruct it from apt-get's data?
>>
>> |aptitude --clean-on-startup
>>
>> According to the manpage should clean the cache. I only use apt so i did not
>> test it.|
>
> That cleans out the cache. Which would be good if I had any
> packages from the suse that someone stuck into the
> /etc/apt/sources.list.d directory. And I might ... and I might even
> have some of these installed ...
>
> But is there somewhere that aptitude remembers what packages it is
> *supposed* to install? That's probably what I need cleared.

Could you run the original problematic aptitude command with the flags
--simulate --show-deps (read the man page) and share that so we can get
a view of what your seeing.

Daniel.

--
Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.