:: Re: [DNG] Won't boot after dist-upg…
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Won't boot after dist-upgrade
On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 11:22:58AM -0300, Emiliano Marini wrote:
> I did purge and install the 4.7 kernel.
>
> I have recreated the initrd using dpkg-reconfigure linux-image...
> previously.
>
> Now I tried mkinitramfs as you suggested:
>
> root@devuan:/home/emi# mkinitramfs -o /boot/initrd.img-4.7.0-0.bpo.1-686.emi
>
> Booted using this new initrd, same results :( I'm getting tired of this.
>
> Didn't say this before, but things like keyboard, Ctrl+Alt+Delete, etc.
> don't work/respond either.

Emiliano, I genuinely don't know what the problem might be. It seems
like the kernel is failing to unzip the initramfs. This suspect is
supported by the fact that your 4.6 kernel can actually proceed until
the same initramfs gets mounted (and then it fails to mount /, since
it cannot find kernel modules, obviously...)

However, I have been using the very same kernel (the amd64 version, to
be precise) on my own laptop for ages now, without any issue. It boots
properly, and runs properly. The corresponding initrd is in gzip
format, and in /boot/config-4.7.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 I find:

CONFIG_RD_GZIP=y
CONFIG_RD_BZIP2=y
CONFIG_RD_LZMA=y
CONFIG_RD_XZ=y
CONFIG_RD_LZO=y
CONFIG_RD_LZ4=y

I assume you have checked your /boot/config-4.7.0-xxxxxx

Dunno

KatolaZ