:: Re: [DNG] Wifi Script within Debian…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
New-Topics: Re: [DNG] Link-up, DHCP, etc (Was: Wifi Script within Debian InstallerNetworking on installation: was Devuan GNU+Linux Beta2 release)
Subject: Re: [DNG] Wifi Script within Debian InstallerNetworking on installation: was Devuan GNU+Linux Beta2 release
On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 23:19:47 +0000
KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 08, 2016 at 06:07:05PM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:

> > * Some of us (including me) study what really happens when one
> > connects, as a dhcp client, to a WPA/WPA2 equipped SSID, and do so
> > within the new ip command worldview (not ipconfig, that's
> > deprecated).
>
> uh? dhcp has nothing to do with wifi authentication, and you don't
> need to know anything about ip or ifconfig if you are using a dhcp
> client...

In that case, I need to do a lot more studying of networking (which I
knew), because everything I've seen tells me link, dhcp and network
device operational kind of look like each other when the network
doesn't come up on a laptop with wifi.

Anyone want to study wifi and networking with me?

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2016 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz