:: Re: [DNG] Networking on installatio…
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
New-Topics: [DNG] Wifi Script within Debian InstallerNetworking on installation: was Devuan GNU+Linux Beta2 release
Subject: Re: [DNG] Networking on installation: was Devuan GNU+Linux Beta2 release
On Thu, Dec 08, 2016 at 02:44:50PM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:

[cut]

> OK. Fair enough.
>
> Perhaps do a script for the common cases, and if that fails, tell the
> user:
>
> Failed to get a network. Would you like to try using conman and wicd?
> Y/N=>

There is already such a "script" in the debian-installer :) Actually,
I can't really see the reason for having another one, especially if we
consider that this thread was started as a rant about the fact that
closed firmware for wifi cards is not available at install time in
Devuan, which in turn has very little to do with automagic
configuration of the wifi network....

My2Cents

KatolaZ