:: Re: [DNG] Recommended location for …
Top Pagina
Auteur: KatolaZ
Aan: hal
CC: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Recommended location for iptables rules
On Tue, Dec 06, 2016 at 04:40:58AM -0600, hal wrote:
> KatolaZ wrote on 12/05/2016 04:14 PM:
> >
> > Hence, /var/lib/iptables/ seems indeed the perfect place to keep
> > (different possible sets of) iptables rules.
> >

> I would respectfully disagree here only because I've come to appreciate
> having the bulk of my configurable system knobs under /etc/.

And I would respectfully disagree with your disagreement, since the
"configuration" file for iptables are not configuration files at all,
rather "state" files, hence they should not be stored in /etc/ but in
/var/lib/iptables :) But we can continue discussing forever here, and
get nowhwere else :D

For what matters, put the default wherever you want, but please do not
write that in stone, and do not *force* people to either like it or
die. I have never been able to use ifupdown successfully, so whatever
you want to auto-do during ifup/ifdown will be useless on my machines,
where other scripts do what I need the way I need it to be done.

My2Cents

KatolaZ