:: Re: [DNG] devuan-discuss is not use…
Author: Alessandro Selli
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] devuan-discuss is not useful, quite the opposite
On 23/11/2016 at 12:06, hellekin wrote:

[...]

> I feel like every time I'm trying to touch something, nobody cares, or
> resist for some obscure reason. In these conditions, I'm very much
> doubting my own capacity to bring anything worth to this community. I'd
> like that it's made clear, so I can better orient my energy.

Please, don't give up. Value more those who are willing to help or
appreciate what you're doing and ignore those who do nothing but
complain and criticize. We too do have a lot to complain about systemd
and do criticize the direction many mainstream distributions have taken,
but we make it well clear why we do it and share sound technical and
philosophical ground to go our way out of the mainstream. Let's be a
team, let's show the big guys small but determined and capable
communities are still capable of doing great things for GNU/Linux and
deliver simpler, more robust and dependable systems.
I'm silent most of the time, but I do appreciate what the Devuan team
has being doing and are very grateful this distribution exists and grows.

The silent majority has spoken, at last! :-)

Alessandro