:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Election and riots
Author: Caleb James DeLisle
To: System undo crew
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] Election and riots
I expected a wave of hate-crime after the election, anti-trump riots
caught me off guard. Now I see this is following the typical strong-man
pattern.

People out in the streets rioting and burning things, the trump voters
become more and more convinced that he is the only person who can keep
the country together. We can expect Guliani or Arpaio being nominated
and saying "this lawless will stop!"...

I'm somehow excited to see the power struggle which ensues as it seems
quite clear that Trump is not a friend of The Washington People...
He got only 4% of the vote in DC. Nassim Taleb said after the election
that Goldman Sachs and the Saudis are the big losers so this could be
significant.

I expect the big tension will be between Trump and the judiciary.

Laws are broken all of the time in the executive branch but it's easy
for the judiciary to look the other way when the violations are coming
from an educated, socially tollerant thoughtful person like Obama or
Clinton. Seen as a brute, we can expect the judiciary to try to hold
Trump to the Constitution much more strictly.

But the Constitution is a double-edged sword. Trump speaks about
closure of the Department of Education and the EPA which we must recall
are not specifically prescribed by the Constitution and so the 10th
ammendment puts them in legally questionable territory... Not to
mention the Federal Reserve.

Trump is not good at much but he is good at scorched earth negotiation.
I expect there will be some hints of "maybe we will audit the FED"
which will be used as bargaining chips to trade for a more complacent
judiciary.

Trump's major challenge will be to build a new Washington Consensus and
critically to ensure that everyone involved will have investment in
this consensus so they cannot turn on him after agreements have been
made.

Thanks,
Caleb