:: [DNG] Recent Security Update Discre…
Author: hellekin
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Recent Security Update Discrepancy
As you may have noticed, last week-end the security updates for JESSIE
and ASCII didn't work. We apologize for that glitch which reminds us
we're still in Beta. The problem was fixed and shouldn't happen again.

Recent changes in the devuan-keyring package made that the secondary
instance of Amprolla that's running the jessie-security and
ascii-security sessions was failing to check the cryptographic signature
on the InRelease file, and therefore was not updating packages.

The devuan-keyring was updated to comply to the latest format in Debian
and its derivatives that split the maintainers and archives/repositories
keyrings.

The secondary Amprolla session configuration was overlooked and kept
looking for the key in the old /usr/share/keyrings/devuan.gpg instead of
the new /usr/share/keyrings/devuan-archive-keyring.gpg.

The configuration file of Amprolla is supposed to seldom change if at
all, and the mind map of the sysadmins is now updated on this possibility.

The failure happened on a week-end, which made its resolution much
slower than usual (about 2 days), especially as everyone is rushing to
prepare a new beta version of JESSIE that will act as an Release Candidate.

Thank you for your patience,

==
hk

--
 _ _     We are free to share code and we code to share freedom
(_X_)yne Foundation, Free Culture Foundry * https://www.dyne.org/donate/