:: Re: [DNG] devuan-discuss is not use…
Author: Giovanni Rapagnani
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] devuan-discuss is not useful, quite the opposite

On 08/11/16 07:32, Giovanni Rapagnani wrote:
>> I will update the webpage accordingly, indicating the talk.devuan.org
>> webforum and the DNG mailinglist as the main places for discussion,
>> but also the git.devuan.org issues as the place where to report bugs.
>
> Once updated, it would probably be a good thing to inform the people on
> devuan-discuss they'd better move to the DNG ml.

I wrote something, hopefully it is correct and will save time to the
person who will post it. You can of course improve the text. If it is
too bad, do not use it. Here it is:

people would step aboard and use it as the main place for debating on
Devuan specific issues.

However we did not anticipate that the early supporters of Devuan and
most knowledgeable people of our community would remain on DNG mailing
list instead of moving to devuan-discuss ml.

DNG is the first mailing list which was set up at the beginning of the
Devuan project. It is a very active list where discussions on
systemd-free living, Devuan issues and Devuan futur are carried on.

As a consequence, during the last 6 months, there has been very few
activity on devuan-discuss list and we have the feeling it is not worth
keeping it around.

We would like to discontinue devuan-discuss and would like to invite all
of you to join the broader community on DNG. Head over to the link at
[1] for subscribing to DNG mailing list.

Let me remind you that other communication channels are available and
presented on Devuan website [2]