:: Re: [Frei0r] frei0r-plugins-1.5.0 t…
Author: Jaromil
To: Minimalistic plugin API for video effects
Subject: Re: [Frei0r] frei0r-plugins-1.5.0 tarball broken

dear IOhannes,

I'm sorry if the issue you described in detail (thanks) took you long
time to debug. It is entirely my fault: when packaging tarball
releases I rename all text files without an extension to .txt in order
to make the generic audience able to open them with a click.

I understand how this practice may be breaking the Debian packaging,
while I wish that would be more flexible and keen to accomodate the
needs of a more generic audience. Meanwhile, if there are no
objections to it, I will stop adding the .txt extension.

About the autoconf issue, I'll also look into it and make sure that
autoreconf is run inside the tarball and all files are in place.

May I suggest then that you wait for the next release, which will also
include recently contributed fixes? Then all issues you raise should
be fixed, or if any will be left in place we can have an appointment
on IRC to straighten out details.

I hope this will suffice, many thanks for your patience!