:: Re: [DNG] Refracta on Distrowatch
Author: Go Linux
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Refracta on Distrowatch
On Wed, 10/19/16, Robert Storey <robert.storey@???> wrote:

To: dng@???
Date: Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 8:10 AM

> Hi all,
>
> I think this idea of having a Clearlooks option is fine. It would be a nice feature to boast about for the next > release (version 8.1?).

Perhaps you didn't understand my comment about Clearlooks. Basically it's a dead project so hardly anything to boast about. It does not play well with gtk3 apps so windows are not styled consistently. Clearlooks-Phenix fixes most of those problems in Jessie and even has an openbox option! But who knows if it will work in ascii because gtk3 is turning into an unholy mess that keeps breaking window themes. The alternatives I've looked at are not promising. Gnome wants to have their 'branded' style consistent without user intervention/choice so I think some of this is on purpose. But synaptic (and a few other gnome apps) are handy to have around and it would be nice to have them look and function properly. Even Clearlooks-Phenix may totally fail in ascii. I haven't ventured there yet (and am not looking forward to it) . . .

golinux