:: Re: [DNG] Systemdconf
Author: etech3
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Systemdconf
On 10/18/2016 01:22 PM, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Oct 2016 12:54:43 -0400
> Dan Purgert <dan@???> wrote:
>
>> On 10/18/2016 07:03 AM, Aldemir Akpinar wrote:
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Anyways as you've said we're obsolete grey beards :)
>> Greybeard? Maybe (I dunno, never met you ;) ). Obsolete? Hardly.
>>
>> How else are people gonna learn, if not from the old-timers, because
>> seriously, if pottering et. al. are supposed to be the teachers, we
>> might as well all go back to Win...
> No Dan, you miss the point!
>
> Veterans should never be listened to, because doing so impedes
> progress. How can you ever improve if you do it the same way as people
> with 20 years experience?
>
> How much more progressive it is to follow people who have only done it
> for a couple years. Think of the avenues you'll explore getting their
> code to work. Think of the clever workarounds you'll be making, in
> order to fix problems baked in by five generations of yearlings. Think
> of the user interface possibilities when you throw away all knowledge
> and make something brand new.
>
> Don't trust anyone over thirty!
>
> SteveT

I myself amd a whitebeard, systemd=borg with a non functioning warp
drive (take on flat tire.

“We're doomed to repeat the past no matter what. That's what it is to be
alive. It's pretty dense kids who haven't figured that out by the time
they're ten.... Most kids can't afford to go to Harvard and be misinformed.”
― Kurt Vonnegut, Bluebeard