:: Re: [DNG] Systemdconf
Author: Dan Purgert
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Systemdconf

On 10/18/2016 01:22 PM, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Oct 2016 12:54:43 -0400
> Dan Purgert <dan@???> wrote:
>
>> On 10/18/2016 07:03 AM, Aldemir Akpinar wrote:
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Anyways as you've said we're obsolete grey beards
>>
>> Greybeard? Maybe (I dunno, never met you ). Obsolete? Hardly.
>>
>> How else are people gonna learn, if not from the old-timers, because
>> seriously, if pottering et. al. are supposed to be the teachers, we
>> might as well all go back to Win...
>
> [...]
>
> Think of the clever workarounds you'll be making, in
> order to fix problems baked in by five generations of yearlings. Think
> of the user interface possibilities when you throw away all knowledge
> and make something brand new.

You mean like trying to figure out how to gut systemd and install
something sane? (aside - thanks to all you guys who're way better at
this than I am, so I'm not shoe-horned into a systemd box, or trying to
resolve dependency hell while trying to rip it out.)

> Don't trust anyone over thirty!\

So, I shouldn't ... trust ... myself thinking that systemd is a good
thing. Got it!