:: [DNG] Please consider this thread e…
Author: Edward Bartolo
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Please consider this thread exhausted and closed.
Hi,

I do NOT want to stretch this thread for too long. I have received
enough answers and currently have grub* installed to a dedicated
partition that is *invisible* to all other installations on the same
machine. SYSLINUX cannot boot kernels residing in other partitions
other than the boot partition itself. GRUB* can boot anything whether
is resides on the boot partition on not. Furthermore, it offers me the
possibility of setting up a hidden bootloader that cannot be modified
automatically.

Since I achieved my goal with grub-efi-amd64, please, consider this
thread exhausted and closed. I don't want to cause more degradation to
this mailing list's signal to noise ratio.

My question has been replied with the reply being Devuan will support
as many bootloaders as it can to satisfy the maximum number of users.
This should be enough for any reasonable person.

Edward