:: Re: [DNG] What does Devuan expect f…
Author: Edward Bartolo
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] What does Devuan expect from a boot-loader?
Hi,

Some are mentioning SYSLINUX as an alternative to grub*. I am booting
in EFI mode as this motherboard refused to boot in Legacy Mode. I
would love to have a simple bootloader install to the EFI System
Partition that I manually configure. However, the disk is GPT
formatted, and owing to the advantages of GPT over MBR, I would not
like to throw away the possibility of 128 primary partitions plus the
added benefit of having two "partition tables" one at each disk end.
Please note, the EFI System Partition is always formatted as FAT32, so
a bootloader residing in it, I presume, must be able to read it.

Edward

Albert Einstein