:: [DNG] devuan jessie crashes during …
Author: Dave Turner
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] devuan jessie crashes during boot on 10 year old iMac
I installed a very minimal debian squeeze.

Did a dist-upgrade to a very minimal wheezy.

And then followed the dev1fanboy instructions for the dist-upgrade from
wheezy to devuan jessie.

It all seemed to go so well until I rebooted.

The usual messages whizzed past in a very large font, then the usual
blank screen before it comes back with a nice small font, but, nothing!
Just a blank screen.

Is it possible my wheezy installation was a bit too minimal?

Or maybe my /boot partition was bit too small? I set it at 256MB.

All suggestions welcome.

And as an FYI - dist-upgrade from squeeze to devuan-jessie fails. You
have to go via wheezy.

DaveT