:: Re: [DNG] What does Devuan expect f…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Rick Moen
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] What does Devuan expect from a boot-loader?
Quoting Didier Kryn (kryn@???):

> And what about RAID? I need it. And I like also Reiserfs, maybe
> not the fastest but rock-solid; is it supported by Lilo?

As to filesystems, lilo fortunately is able to deal with arbitrary
choice thereof, because it finds the objects it needs for booting via
CHS coordinates rather than by parsing filesystems.

RAID1 appears to be covered by the Boot+Root+Raid+LILO HOWTO:

# BIOS=line -- if your bios is smart enough (most are not) to detect
that that the first disk is missing or failed and will automatically
boot from the second disk, then bios=81 would be the appropriate
entry here. This is more common with SCSI bios than IDE bios. I
simply plan on relocating the drive so it will replace the dead
drive C: in the event of failure of the primary boot drive.

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Boot+Root+Raid+LILO-3.html

(Not a complaint, but this is an exactly repeat of an explanation posted
to this mailing list on August 15th, in response to the same question.)

> Like many, I dislike the obscurity of Grub2 configuration, but
> it works well enough without human help.

And I'm utterly delighted that you're happy with it!