:: Re: [DNG] Raspberry Pi 2 and other …
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Florian Zieboll
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] Raspberry Pi 2 and other ARM based credit card computers
On Thu, 01 Sep 2016 16:47:23 +0200
shraptor <shraptor@???> wrote:

> I want to ask florian here why he disables IPv6 by blacklisting the
> IPv6 kernel module?

Hallo Shraptor,

I have an ip4 uplink and don't need ip6 atm, so I disable it (on all my
machines in the LAN). I call this "minimalism" ;)

Blacklisting the kernel module is IMHO the easiest and besides setting
the kernel parameter in /etc/default/grub the only reliable way: IIRC,
disabling it in sysctl.conf disabled ip6 but didn't survive a reboot
without explicitly running 'sysctl -p' again, e.g. from /etc/rc.local.

> any security considerations?

Definitely. I read quite thoroughly into the ip6 standard and found
that there's /a lot/ of complexity in it and its implementation. As
long as I don't need it, I wait for the dust to settle and at least
/some/ hidden bugs and other creepers to appear...

Libre Grüße,

Florian