:: Re: [DNG] vdev - scanner
Página Principal
Autor: Ralph Ronnquist
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] vdev - scanner
Ralph Ronnquist wrote on 01/09/16 08:51:

> My worry is that the OS_TYPE=255/255/255 condition is not distinct
> enough to make the action apply exactly and only for scanners. Comparing
> with udev rules, you'll find there are more than a few rules for USB
> devices, and almost all of them make their classification based on the
> vendor/product pair (rather than the capability declarations).

I'm a little bit at a loss here, as I can't find anything in the vdev
tree dealing with, say, scanners or, say, mode switching USB devices.
Since those are major chunks in udev rules, I'm just confused. Have I
misunderstood?

I find "scanner" mentioned in the hwdb, but there is no formal
classification of those other than identifying as usb (or pci); nothing
classifying them as scanners (unless you'd regard the model label as
such). I wish someone could explain things for me...

Ralph.