:: Re: [DNG] vagrant and devuan guest
Author: Daniel Reurich
To: Attila Soki, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] vagrant and devuan guest
Hi Attila,

On 01/09/16 23:36, Attila Soki wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i playing with devuan jessie using vagrant 1.8.5 on an osx host.
> To test, i upgraded a wheezy box to devuan following the instructions in https://git.devuan.org/dev1fanboy/Upgrade-Install-Devuan/wikis/Upgrade-to-Devuan. The upgrade run without any problems.
> Thank you all for the excellent job :)
>
> During the upgrade i noticed a small vagrant vs devuan related problem
> After i upgraded the kernel to linux-image-amd64 i was not able to bring up my vagrant box anymore.
> the box is booted normal, but vagrant failed with:
> „Vagrant attempted to execute the capability 'change_host_name'
> on the detect guest OS 'linux', but the guest doesn't
> support that capability…"
>
> As far as i understand, vagrant failed to determine which os the guest is running.
>
> i found that vagrant grepping the /etc/issue file to identify a debian guest system by executing
> cat /etc/issue | grep 'Debian'
> in file: /opt/vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-1.8.5/plugins/guests/debian/guest.rb

</snip>

> but, i dont know if there is any interest to solve this problem and then, which one is the preferred way..

Please File a bug against vagrant. It should handle the case where the
distrobution vendor is not known. Also Devuan has been around long
enough that it should have support added to handle Devuan properly
without retaining a reference to 'Debian' in /etc/issue.

Thanks,
    Daniel.

--
Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.