:: Re: [DNG] tor and systemd?
Author: Joel Roth
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] tor and systemd?
Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> ..to the Tor people: systemd made its way into Debian on banana
> republic politics, not on tech merit. Devuan tries to become a
> non-systemd fork, and not a death trap to the next Ed Snowdon.
>
> ..since I didn't subscribe to your mail lists, I'm totally fine
> with you guys rejecting my post there, just kick libsystemd0 off
> any Tor packages until Edward Snowdon tells me in person here in
> Norway, he is the man behind SystemD.

According to wikipedia, the Tor Project is seeking to become
more user friendly. Does that mean systemd?

    In December 2015, The Tor Project announced that it had
    hired Shari Steele as its new executive director.[37] Steele
    had previously led the Electronic Frontier Foundation for 15
    years, and in 2004 spearheaded EFF's decision to fund Tor's
    early development. One of her key stated aims is to make Tor
    more user-friendly in order to bring wider access to
    anonymous web browsing.[38]

    In July 2016 the complete board of the Tor Project resigned,
    and announced a new board, made up of Matt Blaze, Cindy
    Cohn, Gabriella Coleman, Linus Nordberg, Megan Price and
    Bruce Schneier.

I recognize some of these names as greats in security
and cryptography.

--
Joel Roth