:: Re: [DNG] building for armhf
Top Pagina
Auteur: Jaromil
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] building for armhf

hay Scooby

On Thu, 01 Sep 2016, shraptor wrote:

> That is old greek to me unfortunately.

you seem to translate it pretty well :^) anyway yes, apologies for the
brevity, I was writing while on the road.

> pinthread   I guess is this one https://github.com/nexlab/pinthread
>             and the USAGE seems pretty OK for me to follow.

yes, it is a LD_SO_PRELOAD wrapper that solves the problem of
cross-building packages via qemu on multi-threaded cpus, an issue
Nextime has encountered (and solved) while building our CI
infrastructure.

> devuan-jenkins-glue
> https://git.devuan.org/devuan-infrastructure/jenkins-debian-glue
>                      and I could check http://jenkins-debian-glue.org/ to
> get a notion what its doing

yes. also our patches were applied upstream. I'm just puzzled by the
public hostility the maintainer of this project shows towards Devuan.
The fix to the jenkins-debian-glue was in fact the first contribution
Devuan has made to Debian ;^)

> jenkins      Jenkins Continuous Integration system. I could read here
>               http://www.vogella.com/tutorials/Jenkins/article.html

yes, and you can see it in action for us here https://ci.devuan.org

of course this shows compilation only of "official" Devuan packages
when there is need for it and, as we can see, that doesn't happens
often after the initial builds. the silent good news is that the
cross-builds arm/mips are back online as shown.

we of course intend to document all steps needed to setup the CI,
something we can expect to be accomplished in the first quarter of
2017, so that people can also build their own.

however it is not a priority now, nor it is a priority to have rpi3
specific packages. we decided some time ago that rpi2 packages are
just fine and work on both, while there are little advantages in
dropping the rpi2 compatibility. I'd be interested in reading your
motivation to have rpi3 specific builds.

ciao