:: Re: [DNG] vdev packaging
Author: Ralph Ronnquist
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] vdev packaging
shraptor wrote on 31/08/16 07:14:

> Tried to setup the arm-sdk on vbox devuan with vdev
>
> Getting a lot of errors about udev, guess that is to be expected at this
> stage.
>
> does the vdev packages "provides" udev?
>
> including full output of apt-get command below
>
> Guess I have todo the arm-sdk stuff on a vanilla devuan for now.

Right. Yes, it's probably due to vdev, which at the moment doesn't play
nice with udev as it removes all udev's initramfs configurations. That's
something I brought in from the earlier vdev testing, but probably it's
not actually needed, and almost certainly the wrong thing to do. It
should be possible to keep both udev and vdev set ups available for
initramfs (meaning that vdev should not remove it), and only deal with
the fact that the original init script favours udev; as I understood it,
it kind of "enforces" udev. That's why the vdev package also takes over
that init script, which it shouldn't.

Secondly, one will need to deal with having the right init.d scripts
activated. This is a more competitive choice, probably, although I guess
the actual choice is made in the hotplug registration.

I believe Daniel Reurich has the intention to dive into this when his
schedule will allow it.

Ralph.