:: Re: [DNG] vdev packaging
Author: Ralph Ronnquist
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] vdev packaging

fsmithred wrote on 28/08/16 01:12:

> Sadly, I'm not getting Ralph's i386 build to boot. It's hanging on usb
> (keyboard). Any time I type, I get a usb disconnect and connect message.

I'm afraid it was a worse problem. I had updated (improved) the
initramfs hook and then packaged it all without proper testing. This
also affected the amd64 version, which thus fails to build the initrd
properly. The amd64 packages are now corrected, and I'll also update the
i386 packages shortly.

If on inspection you find /usr/share/initramfs-tools/hooks/vdev being
non-executable, you should refetch vdev_1.0beta-1_amd64.deb (or all of
them) and reinstall. (If it already is executable, you have the initial
release, i.e., without the improved script, and can thus sit back to
enjoy life as usual)

Ralph.