:: Re: [DNG] Which license for UMENU2?
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Which license for UMENU2?
On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 17:26:49 +0200
Svante Signell <svante.signell@???> wrote:

> On Wed, 2016-08-24 at 09:32 -0500, Jim Murphy wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 12:20 AM, Steve Litt
> > <slitt@???> wrote:
> > >
> > > Any opinions on which to choose?
> > Don't know if this would make any difference to you or not, but the
> > Linux kernel is released under the GPLv2 only license(AFAICT). I
> > remember there being quite a bit of debate about this when the
> > GPLv3 license was coming out.  I personally don't know much
> > about Expat, so I won't offer any opinion on it.
> >
> > The scripts I write I use GPLv2 only. "I" can change it later if I
> > need to.
>
> If you don't write any code directly related to (to be included in)
> the GNU/Linux kernel, which unfortunately is GPLv2 only, can you
> please consider using GPLv3+ (or at least GPLv2+) for future
> contributions?

Yes. I'm now considering GPLv3-only.

I would *never* consider GPLvAnything+, because I would never agree to
anything I haven't yet seen. I have no way of knowing who will be in
charge of the FSF in ten or twenty years, or from whom they will be
taking money.

Once upon a time, Redhat was a best of breed Free Software citizen.
Once upon a time, Debian was more trusted than Walter Cronkite. Things
change.

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2016 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
Brand new, second edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr