:: Re: [DNG] Which license for UMENU2?
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Which license for UMENU2?
On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 17:26:55 +0200
Adam Borowski <kilobyte@???> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 09:32:30AM -0500, Jim Murphy wrote:

> > The scripts I write I use GPLv2 only. "I" can change it later if I
> > need to.
>
> This works only if you never, ever, accept any code contributions from
> others. And that's something I wouldn't recommend for a menu system.

This is one of the main reasons I'm considering going non-copyleft.
Without copyleft, any necessary licensing changes can be made (by me
and by others) without getting a sign-off from every single person who
ever inserted a line of code.

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2016 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
Brand new, second edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr