:: Re: [DNG] Which license for UMENU2?
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Adam Borowski
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] Which license for UMENU2?
On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 03:03:27AM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Adam Borowski (kilobyte@???):
>
> > Your position is pretty fringe.
>
> OK, please cite me even a single judge's opinion in any copyright case
> that says that linking (e.g., dynamic linker calls to an ELF library)
> automatically creates a derivative work based on the linked code (which
> IIRC is the view expressed in the GPL FAQ).

There's none, either way.

What matters for now is the point of view of ftpmasters of Debian, Fedora,
Gentoo and what not, who either believe the FSF or prefer to stay safe.

Which means that by disregarding a license conflict you lose the vast
majority of users. And an user is a potential contributor.

--
An imaginary friend squared is a real enemy.