:: Re: [DNG] Which license for UMENU2?
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Rick Moen
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] Which license for UMENU2?
Quoting Adam Borowski (kilobyte@???):

> Your position is pretty fringe.

OK, please cite me even a single judge's opinion in any copyright case
that says that linking (e.g., dynamic linker calls to an ELF library)
automatically creates a derivative work based on the linked code (which
IIRC is the view expressed in the GPL FAQ).

I'll wait. Take your time.

I'll be _more_ interested if you can cite such a case in one of the EU +
EEA countries, Canada, the USA, or Australia, both because those are
more likely relevant to international open source and because I am
fairly certain there have been no such cases.

Oh, and my position is also commonly articulated by pretty much all
the copyright attorneys active on OSI's licence discussion mailing
lists, FWIW.