:: Re: [DNG] Distrowatch Devuan poll d…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Distrowatch Devuan poll do-over
On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 13:55:49 +0000 (UTC)
Go Linux <golinux@???> wrote:

> On Fri, 8/19/16, Adam Borowski <kilobyte@???> wrote:

> > What's the point of a poll that's stuffed with votes from one side?
> >

> What's the point of any poll or election? I imagine that would
> depend whether you agree with those doing the 'stuffing'. ;) Why
> shouldn't it be those of us supporting Devuan?
>
> golinux

Well said!

Whether it's intentional sabotage or ballot stuffing, I'm a lot more
likely to retain a high sense of dignity and ethics if my opponents are
playing by the rules.

Or, as one of the characters in "Lucifer's Hammer" says toward the end
of the book, "A society adopts the ethics they can afford."

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2016 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
Brand new, second edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr